Windows 10 offers the Advanced Startup Options (also known as Advance Boot Options Windows 10) feature to help users to troubleshoot many Windows 10 problems.
After you access Advanced Options Windows 10 menu, you can repair Windows 10 problems with the diagnostic and repair tools it offer. You can use the tools like Reset this PC, Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Command Prompt to diagnose and fix Windows 10 errors. You can also access Startup Settings from Windows 10 Advanced options to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode if your computer has problems to start.
There are many ways to access Advanced Options Windows 10. This post introduces 9 ways to you. Some ways lets you directly get into Windows 10 boot options menu when PC can start, while some others enable you to access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10 when PC/laptop won’t turn on.
Quick Video Guide:
- 1 Way 1. Access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10 from Settings
- 2 Way 2. Access Advanced Boot Options Windows 10 with Shift + Restart
- 3 Way 3. Access Advanced Options Windows 10 from Sign-in Screen
- 4 Way 4. Enter into Advanced Options though Task Manager Power Menu
- 5 Way 5. Hit F11 to Access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10
- 6 Way 6. Access Windows 10 Boot Options with Command Prompt
- 7 Way 7. Turn Off and On Windows 10 PC 3 Times to Access Advanced Options
- 8 Way 8. Access Windows 10 Advanced Options with Recovery Drive/Disk
- 9 Way 9. Get to Advanced Options Windows 10 with Installation Disc/Drive
- 10 Use Advanced Options on Windows 10 to Repair Windows 10 Issues
Way 1. Access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10 from Settings
If your Windows 10 PC can boot, you can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery, and click Restart now button under Advanced startup to access Advanced Startup Options window.
Way 2. Access Advanced Boot Options Windows 10 with Shift + Restart
Another easy way to access Advanced Options window is through Shift + Restart. You can click Start -> Power, press and hold Shift key on the keyboard and click Restart button. This will take you into the Advanced Startup Options menu in Windows 10.
Way 3. Access Advanced Options Windows 10 from Sign-in Screen
If you are in the sign-in screen, you can click Power button at the lower-right. Press and hold Shift and click Restart. This will also open Advanced Options dialog.
Way 4. Enter into Advanced Options though Task Manager Power Menu
You can press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on the keyboard at the same time to open the Task Manager menu. Then click Power button, press and hold Shift key on the keyboard and click Restart button.
Way 5. Hit F11 to Access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10
For some computers, you can hit F11 key on the keyboard as soon as the computer powers on, and this can help you access Advanced Options menu in Windows 10.
Way 6. Access Windows 10 Boot Options with Command Prompt
You can also use Command Prompt to access the Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, and type cmd in Windows Run. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter key to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- You can then type this command line: shutdown. exe /r /o, and hit Enter.
- Click Close when you see You’re about to be signed out. And after a while, your Windows 10 computer will restart into Windows 10 recovery mode and enter Advanced Options window.
Way 7. Turn Off and On Windows 10 PC 3 Times to Access Advanced Options
This way and the following two ways below helps you access Advanced Startup Options Windows 10 when your PC can’t boot.
Press the Power button on your computer to start your computer. When you see the Windows logo during booting, immediately press the Power button again to shut down the computer. Repeat the power-on and power-off operation 3 times. In the third restart, your computer should enter into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
After you select your account and input the account password, you can see the Automatic Repair Window, you can click Advanced options button to get to Windows 10 Advanced boot options Window.
Way 8. Access Windows 10 Advanced Options with Recovery Drive/Disk
- If the above ways fail to get you into Advanced Options window, you can create a Windows 10 repair/recovery disk or USB drive to boot your Windows 10 PC and enter into Windows 10 recovery mode.
- Insert the Windows 10 recovery USB drive or DVD disc to your computer USB port, and boot Windows 10 computer from the Windows 10 recovery drive/disk.
- Then choose a keyboard layout and Windows 10 Advanced Boot Options window will auto open up.
Way 9. Get to Advanced Options Windows 10 with Installation Disc/Drive
If you have a Windows 10 installation disc or USB drive, you can access Windows 10 Advanced Options menu thought installation media.
- Plug in the Windows 10 installation CD/DVD disc or USB flash drive to your computer, and boot the computer from the inserted DVD disc or USB drive in BIOS.
- After you enter into Windows Setup screen, choose computer language and other preferences and click Next.
- Next click Repair your computer. Advanced Startup Options window will open.
Use Advanced Options on Windows 10 to Repair Windows 10 Issues
By using the 9 ways above, you can easily enter into Advanced Options screen in Windows 10. You can then use the tools in it to troubleshoot and fix your Windows 10 computer problems. You can reset your Windows 10 PC to factory status, perform a system restore to go back to a previous healthy point, boot your computer to Safe Mode, use startup repair to fix Windows 10 startup problems, boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10, etc.
Tôi là Minh Khánh Chuyên Viên Tư Vấn Tín Dụng Tại dichvuthetindung.vn. Với vai trò là một chuyên gia về lĩnh vực thẻ tín dụng và trong những chia sẻ của tôi qua các bài Blog. Hy vọng sẽ đem lại những kiến thức tốt nhất cho các bạn. Nếu có thắc mắc hay những câu hỏi, các bạn đừng ngần ngại comment hoặc gọi trực tiếp cho tôi tại đây nhé!